Friday, July 20, 2007

Alluere Bella


Alluere Bella, originally uploaded by Auberon.

Tonight's the Big Show:

What: exposure.Detroit - SELECTIVE FOCUS
When: July 20th, 7pm - 10pm
Where: Sweetwaters Coffee & Tea, Royal Oak, Michigan
Who: Markmarko , Auberon , ArtsyT , Nomm de Photo , Jnhkrawczyk


Originally I was going to go with shots like this:
pastelmorning
MexicanTown Safari (56)
Eastern Market Flowers

I decided to take a different route. I took a step back from all of my work, and tried to look at where I was the weakest. I realized that I had never taken any portrait shots. No friends, no family, nothing. So I made a few comments to a few people here and there, saying that I'd like to try and do some portrait work, if just as a learning experience. Well, a friend forwarded my Flickr stream over to one of her friends, and the next thing you know we had scheduled 3 different days where we would try to take advantage of perfect lighting situations.

To put it bluntly, Yana, my ever-patient model worked with me during my learning process, and we had what I think is a great time working together. Tonight is the true test, some of her family is coming to view the work and let me know what they think. Their opinion of my work will be more important than the other opinions throughout the evening. They know what to look for, and they will be able to tell me if I have truly captured the emotions that I saught after.

If any of the three people who read this stream have time tonight, stop by Sweetwaters Cafe, introduce yourself to one of the photographers, and try to have a great time. I'll post more after the show.

Please keep in mind that the work I have posted in the Cafe is work that I purposely took on as a personal challenge, and hopefully someone can come to appreciate that it was not the end result that I am most proud of, rather the journey to get there.

No comments: